Monday, February 3, 2014

Couponing Part 2

After speaking to Milwaukee's coupon queen I have come to realize that I do have it!#HaveWhat? I have the know how to do this extreme couponing! I'm slowly yet surly getting there.  Like I stated in Couponing part 1, you look for the deals in the stores and you match them with the manufacturer coupons that you get from online, mailbox, directly from the manufacturer,  or newspaper insert.#easy

What I have found with the newspaper insert is that you have to buy a crazy amount of newspapers to get a crazy amount of them#lol When I say crazy, I mean CRAZY.  The coupon queen buys about $400-$500 worth of newspapers per month!  Now she buys stuff she doesn't even need but every month she has a 'rummage' sale and sales everything.  She told me that she usually makes no less than $3000/month doing that.  So of course, her newspaper investment of $400-$500 is nothing.  I honeslty don't want to do that as great as the money sounds.  I have two boys and pretty soon they are going to be eating me out of house and home.  I'd rather have my stock pile for my family, teach others how to, and help my church with donations#CouponMinistry???#Hmmm.

I have been getting a lot of questions about couponing.  The main two are:

1-Where do you get your coupons?
2-Can you match manufacturer's coupons with store coupons?

I will definitely answer these two questions.

1-I get my coupons from the paper but mainly on coupon sites#google and print them off.  The main one I get my coupons from is coupon.com.  They have an app so you can pick your coupons and email them to yourself, so you can print them off later.

2-Simply, yes.  The only thing with store coupons they have a limit on how many you can use, unlike a majority of manufacturers coupons.

Now here are some tips I found helpful.
1- Download stores apps so you have their circulars
2-When at checkout pay attention to how your coupons are being rung up because most times the cashier don't. #savingsLost
3-ALWAYS ALWAYS ALLLLLWAAAAYS check your reciept after because if something didn't ring up right you can go to the customer service desk and get your money.
4- Don't just look to grocery stores for couponing.  Look at pharmacy stores #walgreens#cvs and department stores #kmart#target
5-Use coupons on smaller packages because you will get more.  They make you think your getting a better deal with the big one but when couponing it's not always the best value.
6-Have a system of clipping and storing your coupons because just stuffing them in a folder is a mess and time consuming.
7-Always plan your trip to the store and stick to your list. 

Well I hope I'm helping with what I've found out about couponing.  Like I always say, if I find out more I'll share.  Please share your savings with me! I love to hear about how much people have saved by couponing.

Til Next Time...
Follow for more!

~W@$HM~

3 comments:

  1. After my first time couponing i was impressed about the amount of money i saved. I'm already asking family members for their sunday and weekly cuopons. Thanks for sharing info about couponing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Cartier!!! The more coupons you have the more you can get...it's like free money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this with our toiletries and paper products. I think it's a good start for me. Thanks for sharing! It was helpful.

    ReplyDelete