Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crack VS GameFly

I'm what you call a gamer wife.  No it's not the wife of a gamer. I AM A FEMALE GAMER#cellPhoneGamer#playstation#Wii. My husband is a gamer#blackOps#madden. My oldest child is a gamer#legoGames.  I don't doubt that my baby will be a gamer too once he's able to play#babyGamer. 

No#IknowWhatYoureThinking Im not a lazy parent.  My parents aren't lazy parents. Video games do for me what alcohol,drugs,& cigs do for addicts#aBitExtremeIknow it gives me an out.  But instead of killing myself Im just buying games.#crackVsGameFly. In high school I was ALWAYS frustrated so after I would do my chores I would go in my room and play grand theft auto#GTA BABY!  Beating people on the street taking their money and doing missions where I had to shoot people really allowed me to release my frustration.   The fact that Grand Theft Auto is a great game helped too#lol

I remember like 3 or 4 years ago there was a thing on the news about video games actually being addiciting and people trying to say it was a problem like crack is a problem#getReal.  They were even saying that people need to go to REHAB!!! To me that's like saying if you enjoy going to the movies a lot, then you have a 'movie problem'#eyeroll. Do these people have nothing else to do but to make stuff up?  Its called Hollywood. Go get a job there and your creativity can be paid for.  Don't sit up here being 'experts' making stuff up#forReal.

There is a downside#toMeAnyway of kids playing some video games all the time.  If they play too many their imagination seems to start going away.  I noticed when my 6 yr old would be told he can't play video games he would decide to go to sleep#lol I asked him why doesn't he play with his toys but he just looked at me uninterested.   That made me concerned so I cut his video game time down.  So now as he watches his dvds in his room he plays with his train set and hotwheels set.  He is being creative again and he isn't being just SHOWN imaginary things but making them up himself.

As an adult, waiting to be called to work, I got nothing but time and MY imagination. ...well my imagination is not on trial here sooooo #lol video games is an escape really.  I actually used to want to be an animator.  I was going to go to the Art Institute here in Milwaukee but I had no time to go to classes.  I had to go to work and they didn't offer a lot of classes online.  This was before I got married. Why not do it now? I got different dreams now :) Plus I figure it's like the story of the Mississippi man#dont know it?

The story of the MISSISSIPPI MAN begins when this man was a boy.  He loved going to the Mississippi river and sit and watch the boats on the river.  He always told himself that he when he grew up that he was going to be a captian of one of those boats.  Well the boy grew into that man and did just that, he became captian of a boat.  As captain of his own vessel he thought back to when he was a little boy looking over the river.  He wished he had never became captain because the river lost its magic now.  He now knew the dangers and how to read the river for potential rocks.  In his youth all he knew was the water not the danger.  He wished he could go back to the time when all there was was water.

So when it comes to animation I would rather take my kids to see it than to make it.  So I'm  not like that Mississippi man who lost the wonder of it all because he learned it.  There are other ways my kids can be proud of me :)  Cuz I have other dreams.

So video games#backToWhatIwasTalkingAbout are just entertaining not addicting and harmful to your body like drugs#inMyOpinion.  What do you think?  Comment below :)

Well...
Til Next Time...
Remember to follow for more :)

~W$@HM~

No comments:

Post a Comment